What kind of tree do you have?
I have an artificial tree that is white. It is pre-lit with white lights. We also string colored lights on it. Then we hang only blue balls all over along with our regular Christmas decorations. My decorations are very unique. I collect Krinkles, which add a whimsicle touch. I also have a dragon ornament collection and hand stitched ornament collections. Next we drape silver beads as garland all around the tree from top to bottom and a star on the top. I don’t have tinsel because my two chihuahuas would probably eat it and I heard it isn’t too good for little dogs to eat that stuff.
What is your favorite Christmas themed movie? I like “A Nightmare before Christmas”, “Elf” and “It’s a Wonderful Life.” I enjoy “A Muppet Christmas Carol” too. That looks like a curious combination doesn’t it?
What is your favorite Christmas time food? I like apple pie with ice cream, but I know some people don’t consider this a Christmas food, but it’s really the only time we eat apple pie in my family. I like pumpkin pie too with real whipped cream. Cool whip has hydrogenated oils in it, so I try to stay away from it, even though I do like it. I like all kinds of Christmas cookies, like sugar cookies, pumpkin butterscotch drops, which are a big favorite in my family, and orange cranberry drops, which are my specialty. Everything I just wrote down was a dessert. Is that a bad thing?
Do you use wrapping paper or gift bags? I use gift bags mostly, or when ever I can because you can use them over. Also, you don’t have to deal with cutting, and all the tape. They are simple and re-usable, and less wasteful, which just makes sense to me. Sometimes you have a gift that comes in a big box and in that case I do just wrap the box with paper, but that’s about it.
Do you have a nativity scene in your house? I do. I really like my scene. I put it on my server in my dining room and it really makes that corner of the room look festive. I like looking at it because it makes me remember what Christmas is really about and I don’t get so wrapped up in the commercial side of everything. I enjoy looking at other people’s nativity scenes in their homes because each one has such a different style. They are fun.
What is your favorite Christmas Song? I love Sleigh Ride, the instrumental version. I love the Nutcracker Ballet, and Handel’s Messiah. I love any Christmas songs sung by Pery Como, Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra. Give me the old crooners any day over the popular Christmas music of the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment