Once I lived in dark suspension, imagination running wild, a dark and forbidden forest forgotten, and built a web of tales to hide within, never looking always dreaming, but now I find that all the webs have flown wide to vanish, sisters spinning soon forgotten and all I have left are these words



Friday, September 4, 2009

The Crazy Cricket: water color

Yesterday I had a bit of fun creating my first attempt at a water color illustration. This was for my "Crazy Cricket" poem I wrote for my son Gavin. I actually like how this first painting turned out. I am hopeful to try some more water color paints soon enough. I hope to frame my painting and then either cross stitch or do some calligraphy for the poem that goes along with it and hang the two together. Gavin was most impressed with the "mushroom house" when I showed him the painting and told him the poem of the crazy cricket again.

No comments:

Post a Comment