
"I'm late, I'm late for a very important date! Oh my...just look at the time."
Today I spent most of the time setting up this new blog and transferring a few of my old blog articles over to this one. The reason I am switching blogs is because we are shutting down our "madteapartyafternoon.com" web site. It feels like we have gone about as far as we are going to go with that idea. It was a fun creative joint project that my friend D.L White and I had come up with to share ideas and make a themed space to play in. When thinking of what theme we should use for our joint project, we could not resist the theme from "Alice in Wonderland" for our web site because it is something we both enjoyed so much. We had also created an entire mythology to go with our site, an extension into Lewis Carrol's word behind the looking glass. Our idea was a tale of two sisters, Luna and Raven Spinner and the stories they wove in their home of an enchanted, forgotten forest located in Wonderland and every now and then they connected with some of the beloved characters from Wonderland.
If you chose to follow the White Rabbit and accept our little inviation you would have seen this picture:

All you had to do then was click on the tea cups at the Mad Hatter's tea party table to explore our little world.
We are all a bit mad here...

In our newly created space, we had pages for our favorite quotes located in the Red Queen's Garden.

We had a page for books we had read, movies we had seen, poems we loved, art work we had created, games we liked, and concerts we had been to or music we enjoyed. I had a great time learning to write HTML code and do some digital drawing. Most of the art work was done by D.L. White and scanned into a digital format.
Who Are You?

Shall we play?

Through the looking glass.

Alice grows...

Some of the the most enjoyable parts for me was our message board we had set up to share ideas and write articles, but later on it had become over run with spam bots instead of interesting conversations about creating and writing, so we had to take it down. Currently, it seems like our blogs have really taken over what we used to do with the web site. I will probably continue to carry the "Alice in Wonderland" theme and my Raven Spinner character into this new blog, because it is an extension of what we had already created and shared and I think it is a fitting design. I usually only update my blog about once a month or so and will try to find time to do some writing or creative project.
No comments:
Post a Comment