Once I lived in dark suspension, imagination running wild, a dark and forbidden forest forgotten, and built a web of tales to hide within, never looking always dreaming, but now I find that all the webs have flown wide to vanish, sisters spinning soon forgotten and all I have left are these words



Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween 2009


Hallween isn't the same without some home made treats. I wish I had time for carmel apples, but I made some home made cup cakes instead. These were baked with unbleached wheat flour and vanila butter cream frosting, colored in a light tinted orange. I also added some Halloween sprinkles to give them a bit of variety to each cup cake. I think they turned out well.


Halloween isn't complete without a really big candy dish.


You must have candy corn!


This is part of our spooky village that we put up each year. This year my 3 year old was big enough to help and he did all the "fallen" leaves around the black trees. This is our "Haunted Tower Tours" is next to the grave yard. I wasn't able to include all the village buildings, but here are three of them. Each building lights up, or in this case the gargoyle flies around the top of the tower counter clock wise.


The House of Oddities. It seems like some of the moster's might actually escape...lets hope not.



The Gave Yard with spooky purple lights in the mausoleum. I think we may have an infestation of vampires living in there.

1 comment:

  1. I love it. Wonderful Kathleen and the cupcakes looked scrumptious. Have a fun and safe Halloween.
    Jarrie

    ReplyDelete