Once I lived in dark suspension, imagination running wild, a dark and forbidden forest forgotten, and built a web of tales to hide within, never looking always dreaming, but now I find that all the webs have flown wide to vanish, sisters spinning soon forgotten and all I have left are these words



Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Night and all the Delights.

We really enjoy the Fall time, even here in the Southwest. We don't really have a changing of the leaves, but the temperatures usually cool down at night, which is just lovely after a hot and dusty summer. Now if only we could get some rain. Another thing I like about the Fall is the holidays. Halloween is such a fun time and gives you the oportunity to decorate your house in unusual things. Here are some of the fun and unique things we enjoy having around this time of year.



Orange and black couch covers. Is that an eyeball sitting there? I also see a few dog toys there which are not a part of the decore.


Black throws with happy skelletons cover my living room chair while an end table with crystal ball glows an erie blue .


Spooky Village/ left side.


Spooky Village / right side.


One thing I really missed this year was a carmel apple from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Our nearest one closed down right before October. I think they have the best carmel apples in the world.

I also missed eating a slice of one of D.L. White's amazing Halloween cakes.

We also usually watch the Nightmare Before Christmas on Halloween night after trick or treating, but this year I had to work and missed seeing the show. Every year is different!

This year trick or treating was a great success and passing out candy at our door was fun. We carved two pumpkins, and ate too much candy. All in all a great time.


The smiley pumpkin. Isn't he cute? I designed his face myself. My 3 year old tried to help me carve the pumpkin with a butter knife.


The Moon Pumpkin. This was my husband's design. I wish I had thought of it. I really liked it was simple, but beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment