Once I lived in dark suspension, imagination running wild, a dark and forbidden forest forgotten, and built a web of tales to hide within, never looking always dreaming, but now I find that all the webs have flown wide to vanish, sisters spinning soon forgotten and all I have left are these words



Tuesday, December 15, 2009

New Blinds: December 2009

My latest project has been putting up some bamboo roll up blinds into my son's room. He used to have vinyl blinds, but he had unwound it so many times the spring broke. I didn't really want to replace it with another blind that could break again. I wanted something different. The Bamboo filters the light and they are not completely private, so I got a privacy Roman cloth shade to cover the outside of the bamboo. This filters the light even more. I kept the blue curtains and curtain rod to add some style. I think it turned out pretty good and filters the light just enough for nap time. At night we close the curtains too for even more privacy. The blinds roll up really easy and we put the tie chords really high up on the wall so that my son will not be able to reach the chords until he is much older. This is an important safety feature to include if you have roll up blinds and children. Below is a picture of the finished product.



UPDATE: The Roman privacy cloth that is supposed to attach to the blinds did not work out. I would not recommend these at all. I taped them up many and finally took them off the blinds. They are attached to the bamboo with heavy duty sticky tape, but it just wasn't enough to hold things in place. I got rid of the floor length light blue curtains and picked up some short dark navy blue curtans with tab tops. These really block the light much better and my son can sleep in later then the crack of dawn and actually take naps in the room when the curtans are drawn. I like this set up much better. During the day I draw the cutains back, and roll up the bamboo shade about 1/2 up the window. This lets plenty of light into the room. I'll try to update this picture sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment