Once I lived in dark suspension, imagination running wild, a dark and forbidden forest forgotten, and built a web of tales to hide within, never looking always dreaming, but now I find that all the webs have flown wide to vanish, sisters spinning soon forgotten and all I have left are these words



Sunday, January 2, 2011

The year in review: 2010

1. Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead? (Author: Jenny Blake) I think it would be a good idea to invest most of my time in learning everything I can about raising a hearing and visually impaired child. Next, to invest time in creating similar parenting styles with my husband. Focus on the people in my life who care about us the most, who want the best for our family, who help me become a better person then I am now. Forget about the rest. I should take some time to relax and read a book now and then and let my creative side out sometimes.

2. How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year? (Author: Tara Hunt) I didn’t travel many places this year and mostly stayed home due to strict financial reasons. It’s such a contrast to 2009, since I went to Disneyland and also to Carlsbad, CA., to the beach and Sea World all on summer break. In 2011 I would like to travel to St. Lewis, MO and see LUDO perform in their home town and visit some friends that live there. I have been there before and looked at the all the tourist stuff, but I think the city is very interesting and would enjoy visiting all the arts they have.


3. Let’s meet again, for the first time. If you could introduce yourself to strangers by another name for just one day, what would it be and why? (Author: Becca Wilcott) Kat would be my choice of another name. Kat is short, keeps the first three letters of my name intact, is cute and much less complex then Kathleen I suppose.

4. What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead? (Author: Kate Inglis) The moment I got to take my new baby home from the hospital after he was born. Even though we have many struggles to go through with him, it feels like it is going to be alright when I hold him. I will live my life and try to enjoy every moment I have with him because it is a gift.

5. Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you. (Author: Tracey Clark)




At this moment it would have to be this shot of myself. I took it with my cell phone to try to capture the new color of my hair, but this auburn/gold/red color is proving more difficult to capture on film then I thought. It is an amazing shade in person, but in photos the lighting can change the way it looks dramatically. It best reveals that I am in a new place in my life. My eyes are open now and I will not and can not go back and my red hair reflects this aspect of my life. I think I look a bit spunky in this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment