Once I lived in dark suspension, imagination running wild, a dark and forbidden forest forgotten, and built a web of tales to hide within, never looking always dreaming, but now I find that all the webs have flown wide to vanish, sisters spinning soon forgotten and all I have left are these words



Thursday, July 28, 2011

LUDO's Space Dracula Basketball Expo 2011.

LUDO's Space Dracula Basketball Expo 2011.

Tucson drew the luck of getting to dress up with the Dracula theme.  Here we were, we must be crazy, in our 30's dressing up like Dracula?  I'd do it for LUDO!  We did our best to mix the Dracula theme with rock concert look. These pictures span getting ready in our Dracula outfits before the concert to the concert venue and afterwards.

This is me me getting ready for the concert.  We tried to put on fake fangs but they didn't work out.  It was endlessly hilarious trying to wear them because when you tried to talk with them, "ewe thouded a bit ike isth."  That would make us laugh even more.  It's a miracle we got dressed in time to go.  

  Next we had to eat a good meal before the concert, so what do vampires chow on, well hamburgers of coarse.  I just had to sink my fangs into one.  Check out my bite marks on my neck.  "Ouch," they look like they hurt. 

 You would think getting my skull tennis shoes on would have been easy, but it was not.  I swear it took me 10 minutes to get those those bright yellow laces done up correctly. We were a bit late to the concert because of this.  Sorry everyone. 
LUDO performs at the Tucson's historic Rialto Theater July 28th, 2011.

  The Rialto Theater has a beautiful stage set up with a proper back stage area for the bands.  The stage is pretty small though, and it was very hot, but we packed in for a full house to sing out little hearts out.  Everyone there loved LUDO as much as I do, so it was a blast. 
Andrew Volpe tuning his guitar before the show started.  The crowd was going wild screaming, I have no idea how he heard anything with all that noise.
Matt Palermo warming up. 


Andrew Volpe of LUDO dressed as Dracula, starts the show off.   






LUDO did perform an acoustic version of "LOVE ME DEAD" after having us all sit on the floor and sing along.  

Tim Convy and Tim Ferrel
 Tim Convy making a face.

  We caught Tim Convy in the hallway afterward and he said, "Wow, great job you guys," in reference to our outfits.  I was a bit star stuck and only managed a "Thanks!" in response.  I wish I would have said, "Great job, loved the show, thanks so much! Tucson loves LUDO!" Or any number of things like this.   As well, you often don't ever get to say anything to your favorite band at all, so I'll just count myself lucky to get out a small word.  We didn't get to chat much with the members of LUDO like we had when they played the Rock, because it was just too crowded, but it was still a fun time. 

 Andrew Volpe was cool enough to let us take a picture with him after the concert.

 
I really love this flier for the "Space Dracula Basketball Expo" from the Roxy in LA.  It makes me laugh, the look on Dracula's face is priceless.  I love that he is wearing a LUDO tank top and has a space bubble on his head.  How is he going to bite anyone with that bubble on anyway? 

No comments:

Post a Comment