I am happy to say I talked to an old friend today, who wanted to tell me about Tim Burton's new "Alice in Wonderland" film. Raven was quite excited. You have to understand, she isn't from this time or this place. She had been lost in the "Forest of Forgetfulness" for quite some time now and I am always nervous when she arrives. I am never certain if I should listen to her spinning out a tale or not. I have heard stories of those who got lost in her web? It's disconcerting to say the least, but if I didn't listen then I wouldn't get to hear the story, so there are times when you have to be brave. Raven had also told me Luna, her sister, had gone to spin the tale for D. L. White as well. You can read about her experience here at D.L. White's blog.
So here it was, 11:00 pm and I heard a noise on my screen porch. I thought it might be the wind at first, but I came to realize it was a quiet knocking. I wondered who was on my porch so late at night. Whoever they were I was glad didn't wake up my sleeping Chihuahua brood. So I snuck out of bed and made my way in the dark to the glass door. I turned on the dim porch light. Even though I had not seen Raven in so long, she looked exactly the same to me. Dress as dark as midnight blue, hair as black as obsidian and her raven perched quietly on her shoulder, looking at me with its intelligent, spooky eyes. I opened the door just a crack.
"What are you doing here?" I asked Raven, trying not to sound scared. She only smiled and motioned I should sit. I opened the door and went out to the porch to sit with her, and I could tell she was excited to discuss some news.
"I have brought you something" and she handed me a large envelope, made with some kind of old crinkled, weathered looking paper. This could be a scary thing I considered, but then she spoke slowly and softly, her voice almost musical. "There is a man, who makes moving picture; I think you call them films. His name is Burton and he has found a portal to our world. These are some of the pictures he has taken and my sister and I just knew we had to tell you and D. L. White about them right away. We know how you both so love anything to do with our world. Thank goodness Carroll had written about things long ago or you two might never have found us in the forest."
I slowly opened the old envelope which crackled as I peered inside. There were eight large and very beautiful pictures. I took out each one carefully. They were pictures of their world, seen through this Burton's lenses. "Fantastic" I replied. "I have to share this with my friends." All Raven said, was, "I hope you do." And then she left as quiet as she came, her raven cawed as if in farewell. "Until the next time." it seemed to say, or maybe that was, "nevermore," but I couldn't tell for sure.
I am posting the pictures here to share with you all. The first one is at the beginning of this post. The other two are below. I hope you are as excited about this film as I am now. Thanks to Raven for sharing them with us. Also, there are more pictures posted from Luna on D.L. White's blog at "Storm in A Tea Cup."







It's been so long since we've visited Wonderland! I'm so excited to see this movie, er... I mean... to walk thru this portal. (wink) :)
ReplyDelete